Before you pack your Storage unit, think about what items you may need to access. Save yourself future hassle by placing frequently used objects at the front.
Packing accessories such as cartons, porta robes, paper, tape, bubble-wrap and plastic covers will maintain and protect your goods whilst in Storage. A variety of packing accessories are available at each of our Self Storage offices. Only fill each carton to capacity; partially full or bulging cartons may tip or collapse. Heavy items like books or tools should be packed in small cartons so they are easy to handle. Books should be packed flat, not on their spines. Packing and labelling cartons room by room makes the unpacking much easier, and if you need to find something in storage you will have some idea of which carton to begin looking in.
We encourage you to jot down what you will need. Some essentials include:
- Bubble wrap and foam for moving breakables
- Drop sheets and furniture covers to protect your household items
- Duct tape for securing your packaging
- Rope to secure items whilst you travel
- Boxes to organise your belongings and keep them stable
- Padlock – you lock it and you keep the key
Our box shop has an exceptional range of packing items, so feel free to drop in and ask our friendly staff for assistance.