When it comes to packing your Self Storage in Melville from KeepSafe Storage O’Connor, it can be tempting to throw everything inside and be done with it. While this might be the fastest way to pack your storage unit, it’s certainly not the best way. If you take a little extra time to organise and pack your storage unit properly, you’ll get a lot more out of it. Follow these tips when it’s time to pack your storage unit.
There are plenty of tips available when it comes to the boxes you’re using.
- Choose the right boxes. There are a variety of boxes available for a whole host of different items, such as specific wardrobe boxes for hanging clothes. Make sure you choose a box that’s best suited to the items you’re packing in it.
- Don’t use old boxes. While recycling boxes might be perfect for a few smaller items, don’t use an old box for anything heavy. There’s nothing worse than picking up a box and having the bottom and all its contents fall out around you.
- Label your boxes. Labelling boxes takes time, but it’s definitely worth it. The more detail you include on the label, the easier your life will be when it comes time to unpack later on.
If you’re planning on keeping some furniture items in Self Storage in Melville, make sure you prepare them properly.
- Take it apart. If you’re able to take the furniture item apart, make sure you do. It’s a lot easier to store a disassembled dining table or bed frame than an assembled one.
- Give it a good clean. Make sure you put in the effort to thoroughly clean your furniture before moving it into storage. Any food crumbs or dirt can cause stains and attract pests. Make sure the items are dry before storage as well, as remaining moisture can cause mould or mildew.
- Store furniture against walls. When you’re moving your furniture into your storage unit, make sure you push it up against the side or back walls. This will help you take advantage of as much space as possible, as well as make your unit easier to navigate.
Create a path
Don’t just dump your boxes in a line and pile them on top of each other. You need to be able to access all your items, even the ones right at the back, so make sure you leave a clear pathway.
Put your heavier items in first. This will ensure they’re packed on the bottom of your storage unit, so they won’t squash any of your more delicate items. This is also a lot safer for you, as you won’t need to lift heavy items high or risk having them fall on you.
Now you know how to pack your storage unit correctly, contact the team at KeepSafe Storage O’Connor to learn more about your storage options.